Saturday, August 17, 2013

Can I file for visitation rights if the child is living in another state and of an age where they can refuse visits?

Q:  the child is 13 yrs old

A:  David's Answer:  If there are no prior orders of custody or visitation in New York, then you'll likely need to file a petition for visitation in the state where the child resides. You're best advised to keep a paper-trail of your efforts to contact and/or see the child. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment