Saturday, August 17, 2013

If I file for custody will the judge Grant me it if my son father can't be located

Q: I have not spoken to my son dad in years but to be on the safe side I want custody of my child but I don't know if I would have to wait for the court to find him first. I had another concern which I forgot to post up from before if my son dad just decides to sign his right's over an I object to his notation will he still be responsible for child support.

A:  David's Answer:  First, the court will do nothing to "locate him" - that is ultimately your responsibility. He will indeed need to be served with a summons or you'll need to hire a P.I. to conduct a "diligent search." Second, there is no such thing (outside of the foster care or adoption context) of 'signing his parental rights over. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Custody attorney. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment