Wednesday, August 28, 2013

How can I get an emergency court date ?

Q:  Hi, I have a problem. I am taking my sons mom to court for joint custody. This is the second court date we were given. The first she didn't get served on time and now on the second one she asked me to change it and my lawyer advices me not to. I visit my son twice a week and we usually go out and watch a movie, play in the park etc. now bc i didn't change it she told me i can't take him out of her moms house. What can I do?

A:  David's Answer:  Do you already have an order of visitation? If so, you should consider filing a violation petition if she violates the order. Have your attorney fire off a letter threatening to file a contempt application if she violates the order. If you don't have an order of visitation yet, still send the letter (I'd suggest you both send a letter to her). That said, the only way to advance the court date is by order to show cause. For a 2d opinion, schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Custody lawyer.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment