Saturday, August 10, 2013

If 2 sister have been adopted by 2 different families do they still have rights to visit with each other

Q:  i have 2 daughters 1 13yrs old adopted by my grandmother & my 11yr old was a non related family the lady that has my 11yr old disappeared for 7 years we had no type of contact recently as life would have it my daughters reunited but now the lady doesn't want the girls to see each other cause she said she doesn't have to let my 11yr old see her sister if she doesn't want to don't the girls have the right to see each other or what can i do or my grandmother do to held the girls see each other because they r both going through therapy cause of this situation


A: David's Answer:  I disagree with the opinion that siblings have no standing to petition for visitation with each other - that right is specifically conferred by statute, DRL Sec. 71. Generally their court-appointed attorney can & should file a petition on their behalf for sibling visitation.  --  David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment