Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Can the non custodial child support paying parent control who I choose to watch my daughter while I'm work?

Q:  He is concerned over my mother smoking in her house. My mother watches my daughter one day out of the week. He says because child support includes child care costs that I HAVE to pay a sitter to watch my daughter in a non smoking environment


A:  David's Answer:  The father is mixing apples with oranges. Merely because the child support order includes a provision for child care expenses does not mean you are required to incur those expenses. If you're not incurring those expenses, he doesn't have to pay those expenses. That said, the only issue impacting custody would be if your mother smoked around the child. Buy a good air purifier (with UV light) & have her smoke in another room with the door closed & window open.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment