Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hello. I'm a stay@home mom of 2 kids. (4yrs, 2 mos) My husband is almost NEVER HOME, for work or pleasure. He & his family has b

Q:  een "severely" mistreating me for the past 5 yrs. I dedicate my all to our kids 24/7, 365 days, never hired any help since our first was born. I handled EVERYTHING for special ed issue for our first kid w NY State until she got over the issue for the two yrs. Yet, their inhuman treatment of me (mostly emotional manipulative/verbal abuse) is reaching an unbearable limit (I have so many police reports) & starting to influence my kids indirectly & I need to protect them asap. He has so much debt but I have good savings. I want to go for a divorce yet he contests. Is there anything I can do at least to legally prevent my in-laws to see our kids until they change their cruel inhuman treatments of me that is starting to affect my kids? (He once sued me falsely, got caught & admitted his fault.)

A:  David's Answer:  You may file for custody as well as a request for an order to exclude the grandparents from visits. Depending on the nature of their conduct, you may also be able to file for an order of protection. Whether you're successful will depend on the particular facts. Schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment