Saturday, December 14, 2013

I would like to undo guardianship of a minor. how would I do that?

Q:  my mother has guardianship of my son. at the time it was done for help insurance because at the time I did not have any myself. I now know he could have had it with out going down this path. I also have health insurance through my job. I am also worried that she will fight me on getting guardianship put back in my name. so I would like to know what to expect.

A:  David's Answer:  You need to file a petition for modification, and allege facts sufficient to warrant a change of custody. What you should expect depends on a full assessment of the individual facts of your case. As such, you should call a NYC Child Custody attorney to schedule a consultation.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment