Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hi. I am married and a stay @ home mother for 2 little children. My husband works but he does not share any of our financial

Q:  documents w me at all, including his pay stubs, IRS return, bills, stocks, bank account info etc. He has @ 20 credit cards and I am worried. (He makes $180.000 a year (W2) yet we got 2 eviction notices so far) He adamantly (sometimes violently) refuses to show me his pay stubs or any other account info and sends all his bills etc to his work address, so I absolutely have NO access to them or any of our financial info as a family. Is there any LEGAL way for me to ask him to share these info w me, as I am his wife and his finance influences me and our children (like eviction matters etc) or if he says no, will I have to be kept in dark of our finance forever? and will this be considered financial abuse?

Thank you very much.


A:  David's Answer:  You may wish to consider marriage counseling - but if that doesn't work, consider a separation or divorce. There seems to be no reason why, in the 21st century, your husband would treat you in this fashion. But outside of the context of a divorce or support proceeding, there is not what to legally force him to turn over this information.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment