Saturday, December 14, 2013

Child custody

Q:  I have a full custody of my two daughters was granted to me in 2011 court papers said I'm the only one In charge and responsible of the good sake of my kids...My ex-spouse haven't seen the kids as per his choice since then...If I decided to move out to another state.. Do I have to let court notification of that ? As well to my ex?

A:  David's Answer:  I strongly advise against moving without express written permission of the father. I have seen too many cases in which mothers (even with sole custody) have moved & then the court orders them to return at their expense. Why take that chance? It's better to get a modified agreement & even better yet a court order giving you permission to relocate. Schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment