The best thing you can do is to call a NYC Divorce attorney & schedule a consultation appointment. At the appointment, the lawyer can fully review the facts of your case & give you a complete assessment. You can then go from there as to whether you file now or wait 2+ years to do so. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (