Saturday, February 15, 2014

Asking a Judge For Temporary Custody In NY

Q:  I’m in a custody battle with my son’s mother, Our First Court date is this week and I Plan on asking the Judge for Temporary Custody until our case is finished. Is this even an option in NY courts? I have my son 4-5 days a week already, I recently placed him in pre-school and I’m the Parent who takes him to school and picks him up and would like to keep this routine until things are settled between us. I’m scared once we start the case his mother will try to keep him from me as much as possible and disrupt his routine.


A:  David's Answer:  First, it is possible to ask for temporary custody. Second, you should definitely not handle a contested custody case on your own. You should immediately schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Custody attorney.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment