Thursday, February 6, 2014

Why do I lost custody if my daughter goes to live with her father we have joined custody I have last say?

Q:  When my daughter was 15 I heard her say f her going to live with my dad when im 17 keep the child support buy a car I was crushed she told me that my ex and grandmother was trying to turn her against me she wouldn't do it , I gave her everything over and beyond big sweet sixteen party , car , trips she wanted for nothing .my 2 son step in as her father help to raise bc her father left . On dec4 my daughter leaves my home made up a lie had acs case against me which I was cleared now my ex want full custody and support plus medical . Plz tell me how for 17 yrs we love her shes tells me I m only 1 that stood by her side was there for her my ex made threats to my sons stay away from their sister he bullied my son s we are so sick and lost speech less dont want to lose my
Chil


A:  David's Answer:  If your child is 17yo, she can pretty much choose to live with either parent. The reality is that even if the Court allows the case to proceed to trial, it usually takes several months (if not over a year) to get a custody case to trial in NYC anyway (i.e., by then she'll be 18 or close to it). Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for more info.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment