Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Could I use my court awarded make-up time (overnight stays) to extend my summer vacation (I get 7 days) with my kids?

Q:  I only have to give 7 days notice of when I want to take my make-up time, but I would like to take an extended vacation with it. Will it matter if the make-up time is out of state?

A:  David's Answer:  Possibly - though this depends on the wording of the order. You're best advised to write the other parent an e-mail/letter well in advance to state your intentions. Schedule a consult with a Bronx child custody lawyer for more info.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment