Saturday, February 22, 2014

Can request mandatory anger management for everyone around my daughter?

Q:  My ex and i had a bad breakup. She has anger issues, her older sister she lives with has anger issues, both my parents have serious anger issues, (my father just told me told f*** off and started yelling at me for no reason) my mother has a long history of emotional and verbal abuse with me. I cannot see my kid on my own at the moment, since my apt is too small and far away from the mothers house. I have to have my time at my parents. I have one day per week custody. Sister has a incident 5 years ago choking the childs mother and my mother nearly broke my nose 15 years ago. Childs mother physically threatened to punch me last may and instead flipped me off while i was holding child. I was verbally abusive towards childs mother after breakup. I love my daughter so much what can i do

A:  David's Answer:  No, unfortunately - the court does not generally have jurisdiction over people who are not parties to the case. The Judge thus would only have authority to order the mother into counseling or anger management - but even this is very unlikely unless you're petitioning for a change of custody. Schedule a consult with a NYC Family Law attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment