Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Child custody/visitation

Q:  my son's father has visitation every alternate weekend.He lives in a room with shared kitchen and bath.what are my chances of getting the visitstions limited to day visits

A:  David's Answer:  What were the father's housing accommodations at the time the order was done? Generally you must prove a "change of circumstances" & if he lives in the same place he did previously, then there's no change. If he downgraded his housing, however, then the Court would likely order a home study to ensure its safe for the child. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment