Thursday, October 9, 2014

Custody and travel related

Q: The custodial parent is on temporary visa and wants to travel with the child out of country to their homeland, though cp provides the itenary the intentions of cp to return back and the law enforcement in the homeland is not competent and there is no treaty between US and the homeland. In this case as an NCP what can I do to prevent this travel?

A: David's Answer: Do you already have a custody order? Does it specifically permit the travel abroad? You may be able to do a further stipulation (which should be "so-ordered") having the CP purchase a surety bond to secure her return, which would otherwise then cover your legal expenses if the CP reneges on returning the child. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment