Friday, October 10, 2014

What to do when a parent is abusing her sole legal custody on the other parent? Can you manage to reverse or modify the order?

Q: My ex-wife obtained full legal custody after a long trial last June. Since then her lawyer and her told me now she has full custody she can do whatever she wants. I am French and she is American. She called the French embassy saying that they shouldn't see me if I was presenting there with my daughter, she called every French school to tell them that she was refusing that I take my daughter to some activities there sending them the custody agreements. She is sending me tons of emails telling me that her daughter doesn't want to be with me, she is constantly sending me emails ordering me to do things during my time and how I should do things, she is harassing me, talk on behalf of her daughter and abusing me psychologically. I can't sleep, I am followed by a doctor. I have to stop that.

A: David's Answer: You can certainly file a motion/petition to modify the last order. Whether you should do so would depend on an assessment of many more factors than what you've presented, including a review of the trial decision. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment