Wednesday, October 29, 2014

How long will a visitation schedule change procedings take

Q:  the child's father has typically joint legal custody and gets the child every alternate weekend the father has filed for visitation schedule modification based on the fact he is moving different state if i object to himm having the legal custody . does it need a trial?

A:  David's Answer:  The general rule is that the Court needs to hold a trial before changing an order. Sometimes however, the court conducts enough pre-trial hearings that the Judge no longer feels there are facts left to be tried. The process could take several months. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment