Wednesday, October 29, 2014

How will two family court cases affect each?

Q:  the first case is visitation and custody with my children, and the second case is against my girlfriend (no children involved) for violence against me. How will the second case affecr the first in, if it does? What should i expect? Would the judge think i make bad choices in selecting mates? Etc.

Additional information
 
With police intervention, I was able to retrieve my personal property from my girlfriend and prior to departing, the police informs me not contact her and I asked he gave same instructions to her, He replied he had given the same instructions. Later than evening, I received a message from her friend to trying to reach out to me, who also received the same instruction of no contact. Does this trigger the mandatory arrest for DV in NYC? Where do I report in Manhattan?


A:  David's Answer:  Not necessarily - assuming your girlfriend is a different person than the mother in your custody case. Moreover, it's unclear whether the mother in the custody case would even find out about the family offense case against your girlfriend. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment