Sunday, June 9, 2013

Am I obligated to take care of my daughter while she is spending court arranged visits with her dad?

Q:  I am divorced and I have physical custody of our daughter. Her dad asked me to take care of our daughter for some hours during his court divorce arranged visits hours. I have to work and take driving classes and go to checkup doctor visit. Am I obligated to take care of my daughter if her dad is asking me to take care of her for some hours during his parenting visits? I need to get my driving license soon.


A:  David's Answer:  The short answer is no, if it's his time & he's not available, then he'll need to provide for child care for that time. Communicate same to him on a timely basis. You may also consult a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment