Saturday, June 15, 2013

How can i get full custody of my daughter?

Q:  my daughter's mother gave me my 5 year old child since day of birth.. Ive been provider for since day one, but yet i have not gotten full custody... I want full custody papers for my child...

A:  David's Answer:  Are there any orders at present (i.e., was there a prior order of joint custody)? If there are no prior orders, then file a petition for custody with Bronx Family Court. If there is a prior order, then file a petition for modification. In that instance, however, you need to make the argument as to what circumstances have changed since the prior order was done. In any event, for a full assessment of your situation, I suggest to schedule a free consultation with a Bronx Child Custody lawyer.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment