Sunday, June 9, 2013

I have sole legal and physical custody of my daughter i plan on taking a trip to florida soon do i need the father's permission?

Q:  He has visitation rights but thats it no custody rights. I have sole legal and phycial custody. he keeps saying i need his permission which i think i don't. We live in NY, my child is 16 months.

A:  David's Answer:  Yes, if the trip would interfere with his visitation time. If you do have an order & wish for the Court to give you permission to take the trip, file a modification petition. If you don't have an order, file a petition for custody. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody lawyer.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment