Saturday, June 15, 2013

What are the laws in protecting a mom who wants to put child in foster care to protect herself and other children from the child

Q:  The child is very aggressive and violent towards his mother and siblings.

A:  David's Answer:  You would contact the NYC Children's Services (formerly ACS) and talk to them about doing a voluntary placement. Be sure you discuss with them and receive in writing the terms of the voluntary placement and know for how long it is good for and what you would need to do to cancel it. I also encourage you to schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney, particularly one with experience with ACS matters.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment