Sunday, June 9, 2013

Ex not informing me of new roommate's info and I'm concerned about my child's safety.

Q:  I have full custody of my child, with all decision making rights. My ex recently moved, and did not tell me he had a roommate. Now that I am aware he has a roommate, my ex is refusing to give me any details beyond his roommate's name. My ex does not know this person well. 

He also claims my child has his own room; I am unsure if that is true, since my child is only w/ my ex 5 weeks per year.

My ex lives in New York; I live in North Carolina.

Do I have any legal right to call the court, child protective services, or the police?
Should I? I am concerned about my child's safety, and don't really believe my ex when he says my son has his own room.

A:  David's Answer:  Where was the custody order done? If done in North Carolina, you may need to consult a lawyer there. If done in New York, I would not advise to call either the court, CPS or the police. You may consider filing a modification petition, but only after having a full consultation with a NYC Child Custody lawyer.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment