Thursday, October 3, 2013

Can I do anything about the emails and hand-off treatment? Protocol for communication in joint custody? possible to get sole?

Q:  Had my ex-gf watch my dog for me while recovering from surgery. Sent money and supplies as requested for care. When I went to retrieve the dog after the 2.5 months, she refused to give the dog back. This ex-gf from 2 years ago. Never lived together. The dog was always in my care. i.e. I had 100% of vet records, groomer bills/testimonies in my name up until my surgery. She has an email letter stating her as the adopter. Ended up settling, now we have a court ordered joint custody. Her fiance conducts hand-offs (police station/college campus) w a friend present. He films w his phone. He's also very rude to me. Ex-gf conducts a "court case" through email w me debating everything. Denying past and lying. Being difficult to deal with. Seems like they're trying get under my skin.


A:  David's Answer:  You posted your question under the category of "Child Custody" but then mentioned a dog & never mentioned a child. Does your case involve a child - or just a dog? If just a dog, then I'd suggest to re-post your question in another Practice Area, as the attorneys in the "Child Custody" area only deal with cases involving actual children. --  David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment