Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Is it fair to a mother (not the father and child)

Q:  Is it fair to a mother (not the father and child) if she does not want to deal with US family court and give the American father legal rights under US law, she has to give birth outside the United States and prevent her child from visiting the United States before her 18 birthday? The child in question is a US citizen and has the paperwork issued by the US State Department to prove this. The mother can return to the United States but not her child, is this fair, yes or no?

A:  David's Answer:  A lawyer is not the one to answer a question as to whether something is perceived to be "fair" subjectively by a parent - only the parent can answer that question. As to what the parent is looking at in terms of a custody case, you would need to be more specific with the details.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment