It is extremely hard to give general advise that would also be helpful without knowing the individual facts of your case. You are generally best advised to keep a paper trail on discussions you have with the mother - particularly disagreements. Other things should go without saying - such as being involved as much as possible in the child's like (including extracurricular activities). That said, you're highly encouraged to schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Custody attorney. --  David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (