Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Can i relocate from NY to another state while my daughter is in college?

Q:  I recently lost my job in NY i want to relocate to Florida. My 18 year old daughter is in college in Boston as a freshman. Daughter likes NY and would like to stay there for summers and some breaks. would child support change with me paying my ex? if i remarried how does this play in anything?

A:  David's Answer:  Assuming you were the custodial parent & your daughter otherwise had plans to stay with you on vacations but will now stay with the father, then yes, that's a basis to end child support. It's also arguably a basis for the father to sue you for support, depending on how much time your daughter actually spends back at his house. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Support attorney.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment