Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I have a question regarding Sole custody and visitation. After paternity is established. Can I stop child going to TX?

Q:  I have a two year old daughter. I am not married to her father. I met him here in NEW YORK. He is from Texas and lives in Texas. He was working in NYC and was fired for coming to work high. The job has been hiring and firing him for last 4 years. He rents a room in NYC when he is here. His name is no where on the baby birth cert. When my daughter was an infant he persuaded me into letting him take her to Texas. The baby was there for two weeks &I had to go get her because he was never with her. I could not reach him and the mom said he was getting high. He took my daughter from me in street 7/2/13, I called cops who stopped him at airport on his way to Texas. We constantly argue on the phone. He is now having a baby w/ girl who helped him kidnap our child. I do not want my child in TX.

A:  David's Answer:  I would need to know more - or have the facts made more clear - to render a definitive opinion. Is the child now here in NY with you? Is there a case pending? Did the police charge him with a crime for taking the child? When did you & the father physically separate? Other than the recent visit you referred to, how often has the father seen the child? I highly advise you to schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment