Saturday, October 26, 2013

How is a child going to complain?

Q:  How is a child going to complain? She is born in the United States, but knows that because her mother allowed her to live outside the United States for more than sex months, her father has the legal right under US law, to prevent her from returning to the United States before her 18 birthday. The American embassy tells her that she can not get an American passport before her 18 birthday. She knows that under the legal system of the United States, her mother would have physical custody over her and her father would have to pay child support, and can only see her father four days a month. She knows that in this country, her father has physical custody over her, but can see her mother every day. She has a better relationship with her father than with her mother, because he is the better parent.

A:  David's Answer:  If the child does not reside in the U.S., then there does not appear to be a basis to complain in the U.S.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment