Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ex moved kids away. How can I get them back?

Q: My ex moved with our kids. I don't know where she is but I think she may be across the country. I'm supposed to see them weekly but I have not been able to contact her. She doesn't answer the phone and I do not have her new address. We went to court over this before when she filed to move cross country but then she told the judge she wasn't moving and now I can't contact her. How can I locate her and get my kids returned to the state?

A: David's Answer: How long ago did she move? I agree with the other poster - you should immediately contact a P.I. and/or police. You should also file a petition in court & ask the Judge to issue an arrest warrant. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody lawyer (       

No comments:

Post a Comment