Saturday, May 18, 2013

Would a father be able to get joint custody? if the father works and has his own place?

Q: I am very activate with my son but i am only allowed to take him out of the house in her time

A:  David's Answer:  You certainly should be able to get an order of regular visitation. The average visitation awarded to a non-custodial parent is alternate weekends, a split of holidays/vacations and usually a mid-week dinner visit. As for joint custody, this presumes the 2 parents can put their differences aside when it comes to the child & generally discuss and reach agreement on the major issues which will arise in the child's life. If the Judge peeceives this is likely, then joint custody is likely. In any event, for a full assessment of your situation, I'd suggest to schedule a free consultation with a Bronx Child Custody attorney. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody lawyer (

No comments:

Post a Comment