Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I have a son that is 8 years old. I share custody of him with his mother, we do one week and one week.

Q: We share custody on terms we agreed without going to court. Now she wants to move out the state and take him. I am stressed and worried because I do not want to lose my son. Can she legally move out of state and take our son with her even though I am against it?

A: David's Answer: The short answer is no, she cannot move out of state without either your permission or a court order allowing her to relocate. If you believe the move is imminent, then my advise is to file a petition for custody. I also encourage you to schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody lawyer. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment