Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I have a 5 yrs old granddaughter who is being touch by my daughter boy friend. She told me he comes in her room when my daughter

Q: I have a 5 yrs old granddaughter who is being touch by my daughter boy friend. She told me he comes in her room when my daughter is alseep. he touches her arms and legs. I ask did he do anything else she said no. I contact ACS now they are doing an investigation. What do I do now? Can I file a petition to try in get custody of my grandchild? Can you please help me.


A: David's Answer: If you feel you're granddaughter is in danger, you've attempted to discuss the situation with your daughter & she's not doing anything about it, then the answer is yes. You should be aware, however, that ultimately to sustain charges of child abuse either ACS or yourself will need corroboration of the abuse - which sometimes is difficult to prove in a "mere" touching case. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment