Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My daughter's mother currently has supervised visits twice a week wednesday's and friday's supervised by acs.

Q: recently my daughters mother told acs she could not make it on fridays and asked acs if she could change the dates. acs called me and ask me if i could change the friday visit, i told them no because i set that schedule with my employer to get out of work wed and friday, acs called me again and told me they changed the dates of visits to tues and thurs. Can they just do that?


A: David's Answer: Assuming you are a non-respondent, and assuming there are no orders to the contrary, then ACS cannot impose a visitation schedule on you. That said, I would not merely refuse to abide by the request. I'd strongly advise to file a petition on the visitation issue and go in to see the Judge about it. I also urge you to call a NYC Child Custody lawyer (who has experience with ACS matters) to schedule a consultation. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment