Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I currently have visitation rights every other daughters mother is threatening to move out of state, can she?

Q:  On court order it states she cant move w/out my consent, how would she be able to go around that? i've already gone back to court to ask for more time w/ my daughter but she denied it.

A:  David's Answer:  If she moves, you can (and should) file a petition for a writ of habeus corpus as well as a violation petition in Family Court. Most likely, the Judge will order her to return the child to this state at her expense.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment