Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The NCP has given me consent to relocate & is is willing to sign documents. What documents do I need and how do I proceed?

Q:  NCP moved overseas over a year ago and is not visiting our child or paying child support. Our divorce agreement states no relocation unless permission/consent of other parent.

A:  David's Answer:  You'll need to do a modification to your prior divorce agreement. There's particular language which is necessary, so it's best to have it done by a lawyer. You are also best advised to have the agreement incorporated into a Family Court order. Then when you get to the new state, you can register the order there. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody lawyer.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment