Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Where can I go for help?

Q:  Our son (who has sole custody of his daughter) has disappeared because he is in trouble with the law. At present his daughter is staying with a friend so she can stay in school. She now has no medical insurance and there is a custody/guardianship issue. We do have a friend of the family that will let her stay with them in NY so she can finish out the school year. All of her relatives live out of state. The states we are in are AZ, MA & PA. Can we add her to our medical insurance? Can we get medical insurance for just her at a reasonable cost? We all want to help but do not know where to start. Thank you.

A:  David's Answer:  If the child is not yet in NY, then asking for advice from a NY attorney won't help, simply because any custody case would need to be filed in the state where the child resides. Thus, I suggest to re-post your question to the forum on this site corresponding to the state where the child resides. -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment