Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Legally what can a person do when they have an ex continuously children's services making false accusations?

Q:  My ex calls children's services every time I try to break up with him. There has to be a law that protects me and my children. I'm living a nightmare. And no Court Order can stop him from making the call or paying someone else from doing it as he tells me.

A:  David's Answer:  There is something you can do about it - report it to the police. It is a crime to make a false report of child abuse against someone. You can seek to prove it was him who made the call by requesting the records from OCFS in Albany. And don't take no for an answer - they'll always tell you the reporter's name is confidential but it's not. You may ultimately need to start an Article 78 proceeding, however, and get a Judge to order them to make the disclosure. Schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody lawyer for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment